Sweet Conversations: What’s Your Go-To Holiday Dessert?
I was talking with a few friends recently about holiday desserts, and it reminded me how much joy a simple sweet can bring. Everyone has their favorites, but mine always comes back to warm jelly doughnuts. They’re messy in the best way, soft on the inside, and they’ve got that hit of powdered sugar that somehow gets everywhere no matter how careful you try to be. They also remind me of celebrating Hanukkah with people I care about, so they carry this mix of comfort and tradition that I love.
But honestly, holiday desserts are more than the dessert. They’re the excuse to slow down, sit together, and tell old stories you’ve all heard a hundred times. Someone always brings cookies shaped a little differently each year, someone else experiments with a new recipe, and before long the whole table turns into a friendly tasting session.
I like hearing what everyone else looks forward to, too. Some people want something rich like chocolate babka. Others want something lighter, like fruit tarts. Whatever it is, the dessert usually says something about the person who loves it. So I’m curious: what’s the one sweet you look for every holiday season?
