Friends, Let’s Talk New Year’s Resolutions (No Pressure Allowed)

Welcome, friends. Grab a coffee, get comfortable, and let’s talk about that time of year when we all suddenly believe we’re about to become brand-new people overnight.


Yes, New Year’s resolutions.



Do you usually make New Year’s resolutions, or do you skip them altogether? Why?

If you could change just one small habit this year, what would it be?

What’s something you want more of in the coming year?

What’s one thing from last year you’re proud of, even if it seems small?


Every year, I swear I won’t make one. And every year, right around January 1st, I catch myself thinking, Okay, but maybe just one small change. Nothing dramatic. No “new me” speeches. Just something that feels honest and doable.

If I’m being real with you, my resolution this year isn’t about losing weight, waking up at 5 a.m., or finally becoming the kind of person who enjoys green smoothies. It’s about slowing down. Actually slowing down, not the fake kind where you say you’re resting but you’re still answering messages and thinking about everything you should be doing.


I want to change how rushed everything feels. The way days blur together. The way we’re always chasing the next thing while barely noticing the one right in front of us. I want more presence. More moments where I’m fully there instead of half here and half in my head.


I’d like to be better at saying no without guilt. No to plans when I’m exhausted. No to obligations that don’t align anymore. No to overexplaining myself just to make others comfortable. That’s a big one for me, and I suspect I’m not alone.

Another thing I want to change is how I talk to myself. You know that inner voice that’s quick to criticize but slow to give credit? I want to soften that. Celebrate small wins. Allow mistakes without turning them into personal failures. If I wouldn’t say it to a friend, I shouldn’t say it to myself.

And honestly, I want more joy in the ordinary stuff. More laughter. More random texts just to check in. More walks without headphones. More appreciation for boring, quiet days that turn out to be the ones that recharge us the most.

So if you’re feeling pressure to reinvent yourself this year, consider this your permission slip to keep it simple. Growth doesn’t have to be loud. Change doesn’t have to be extreme. Sometimes it’s just choosing yourself a little more often.


Here’s to a new year that feels lighter, kinder, and more intentional. I’m glad you’re here, and I can’t wait to see what this next chapter brings for all of us.

Is there anything you’re ready to let go of as the new year begins?

Do you focus more on personal goals, career goals, or balance when a new year starts?

What does a “good year” actually look like to you?

If you could give your future self one piece of advice for this year, what would it be?